Rental conditions holiday home Summerwaylodge
When you book the holiday home, you agree to the terms and conditions below.
Please read them carefully.
These general terms and conditions apply to the holiday home 'Summerwaylodge', which is located at Zomerweg 41A, 8490 Jabbeke.
Contact details for owners:
Lieven & Stephanie Vermeire-Goegegebeur
Summer road 41
Deviation from these terms and conditions is only possible with the prior written consent of the owner. Under no circumstances can the tenant claim the application of his own general terms and conditions, if any.
General terms and conditions
1. Booking and payment
1. You can book via the internet or by e-mail. These ways of booking are binding. With the establishment of a booking order, the general terms and conditions become effective.
The client of this booking is jointly and severally liable for compliance with the booking steps and the rental conditions.
2. There are no booking costs associated with a booking made directly with the owner.
3. Each booking is confirmed by the owner by means of a booking confirmation by e-mail.
4. Within 5 working days after receipt of the booking confirmation, payment of the full rental price + fixed deposit of 250 euros must be made. This has to be paid into an account with the following data; Summerwaylodge, BE07103066774666. Please note the name on which the booking was made as well as the rental period.
In the event of late payment, the owner is entitled to cancel the booked period for the rental of the holiday home.
The cancellation conditions described below are in force.
1. Any cancellation must be communicated to the owner by e-mail.
2. Cancellations within 5 working days of booking are free of charge, provided that the booking has not been made within 30 days before the start of the rental period (see point 2.4).
3. In the event of cancellation up to 30 days before the start of the rental period, 25% of the rental price will be charged.
4. In the event of cancellation within 30 days before the start of the hire period, the full hire price will be retained.
5. The deposit will always be refunded in full in the event of cancellation.
6. Non-payment of the rental price + deposit within 5 working days after making the booking will be considered as a cancellation.
In such a case, the rental contract shall be considered dissolved and the lessor shall be allowed to re-let the holiday home to third parties.
7. If circumstances force the owner to cancel the already rented holiday home, the tenant will be informed immediately and the owner will immediately refund the amount already paid.
From the tenant
1. The rented holiday home must be occupied by the tenant, his fellow tenants or his visitors with due care and diligence, taking into account the tranquillity of the surroundings.
2. The main tenant is liable for damage caused by him/her, by fellow tenants, by any visitors, even if these are discovered after his/her departure.
3. House regulations present at the holiday home and/or provided are an integral part of the rental agreement and must be strictly observed.
4. It is totally forbidden to enter the holiday home:
- fry, fondue, stone grill, use raclette appliances, etc.
- Lighting candles: only tea lights in the holders provided for this purpose are permitted.
Smoke detectors and fire extinguishers are fitted on each floor.
5. The tenant must ensure that he does not cause any noise nuisance to local residents. In the event of infringement, all persons will be removed from the holiday home without prior warning and without refund of rental fees.
6. No furniture may be moved.
7. It is forbidden to use the holiday home to organise parties and/or drinks parties. In the event of infringement, the rental period will be interrupted without the holiday home being entitled to a refund of the remaining rent.
8. Pets are not allowed.
1. The hirer is requested to be insured for damage to third parties such as a liability insurance (family insurance).
2. The tenant is reminded to insure his civil liability (e.g. in case of fire caused by him in the holiday home). Please check this with your insurance agent.
Liability of the landlord
1. The owner or lessor cannot accept any liability for loss, theft, damage or injury, accident of any kind caused to tenants of the holiday home, the provided games or garden.
2. The prices and costs stated on the booking confirmation are applicable.
3. The owner is not liable for damage caused by natural violence, natural disasters, nuclear disasters, attacks, strikes, acts of violence and coming into contact with an aircraft or parts of an aircraft.
4. It may happen that work is carried out in the vicinity of your holiday home. We are thinking of road works or construction activities, for example. We are not responsible for any inconvenience caused by this.
5. The owner is not always on site. In the confirmation e-mail of your booking you will receive the telephone number of the owner and/or possibly his representative. If necessary, you can always contact one of these number(s).
All booking agreements and subsequent agreements are subject to Belgian law. All disputes relating to this agreement will be settled by the competent court in Bruges.
4. Permitted number of persons
In the house description on the website, the owner states the maximum number of people that may stay in the holiday home. This number (including any sleeping guests), in this case 8, may under no circumstances be exceeded.
If this limit is exceeded, the rental agreement will be considered terminated by operation of law and access to the holiday home will be refused without entitlement to a refund of the rent.
If at a later point in time, without the knowledge of the lessor, additional persons come to stay in the holiday home, a claim of 25% of the rent per additional person will immediately arise, which, if necessary, will be deducted from the deposit.
5. Prohibition of subletting and transfer
Subletting and transfer of the rent is not allowed.
6. Arrival and Departure
You will receive an access code (no key) with which you can give yourself access to the holiday home.
1. Please strictly respect the arrival and departure times. It is important to us that everyone can arrive and stay in a tidy holiday home. Therefore, there should be enough time for a good cleaning between the departure of the previous guests and the arrival of the new guests.
2. Arrival time: check-in is possible from 5 p.m. on the day of arrival.
If your arrival time differs from this, we ask you to notify us by telephone in good time.
3. Departure: every day until 10 am; on Sundays and public holidays until 5 pm.
If you wish to make an exception, please contact the owner.
7. End of stay & cleaning
1. The rented holiday home and the garden must be left neat and tidy at the end of your stay.
This means: tidying up, putting everything back into place, emptying bins, sorting waste, putting clean dishes in the cupboard, leaving the house broom clean, if used: cleaning the barbecue and/or the oven.
2. Please close windows and doors when leaving.
3. If you prefer (surcharge of 12 euro/pp) the beds are made with our own linen. If not, you will need to provide your own linen and take care of the layout of the beds.
At the end of the rental period you will be asked to remove the linen from the beds (e.g. mattress and pillow protectors). Please do not wash the linen yourself. They will go to the laundry to be used again in an impeccable state. You can leave all the linen in the laundry corner, on the ground floor of the house (next to the front door).
If the house and/or garden is in such a state that it is not possible to make ends meet, if waste has not been sorted, the owner has the right to deduct the cost of extra cleaning hours from the deposit.
8. Complaints and deposit
1. Any complaint regarding the accommodation, cleanliness, inventory or any existing damage can be reported to the owner by telephone up to 24 hours after arrival.
In the absence of any complaint within the aforementioned period, the tenant is deemed to have acknowledged the good condition, correctness of the inventory and the general cleanliness of the accommodation; including the absence of visible damage or defects to furniture, sanitary facilities, household appliances.
Complaints made by the tenant at the end of the rental period are inadmissible.
2. The holiday home has valuables and the deposit serves to compensate for any accidents or damage.
3. The house will be inspected during cleaning.
It is during the cleaning process that damage, loss or breakage can be detected.
4. If everything has been left in good order and no damage or breakage has been detected, the deposit will be returned no later than fourteen days after your stay.
If the damage exceeds the amount of the deposit, the tenant is obliged to make an additional payment.
Even if the house and/or garden is in such a state that it is not possible to keep up with the pre-set cleaning hours, the owner has the right to deduct the costs for extra cleaning hours from the deposit.
5. It is advisable to spontaneously report accidents to the owner. If something breaks, it is advisable to keep the broken pieces aside for the owner or his representative. This will enable the owner or his representative to identify the broken piece and prevent discussions and misunderstandings.
6. The landlord always reserves the right to terminate the agreement and to evict the tenants from the holiday home if a tenant or co-tenant has caused serious damage to the holiday home. In this case, the lessor cannot be held liable to refund part of the rent for the remaining rental period.
Below you will find the cancellation conditions.
The amounts and percentages shown must be paid by you.
The special conditions have priority over the generic ones when applied.
Only written cancellations by e-mail will be accepted.
- Cancellation within 5 working days after booking: free of charge provided that the booking was not made within 30 days before the start of the rental period (*).
- Cancellation up to 30 days before the start of the rental period: 25% of the costs will be charged.
- Cancellation within 30 days before the start of the rental period (*) or no-show: 100% of the costs will be charged.
If everything has been left in good order and no damage or breakage has been detected, the deposit will be returned no later than one week after your stay.